Fellowship of Isis

Fellowship of Isis
aset shemsu

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

my covenspace blog

i forgot i had created a covenspace page at http://mekhatsenyt.covenspace.com/

for the sake of convenience, I am stealing from myself and including a copy here of what I wrote there...

"the goddess to whom the rite "Opening the Eye of Vision" is dedicated is Brigid.

As i begin my long-term communion with Brigid, I began to realize St. Brigid has similarities and correspondences with St. Lucia as regards legends involving her eyes and also a crown of fire.
I am also not sure of the extent to which the goddess Bride / Brigid and St. Brigid overlap. It is going to be an interesting journey!

ideas for workshops at the Goddess Festival are beginning to present themselves. we have abundant wheat stalks left over from last year's celebration of the rite "Creation Of Life forms." What better use for them than a wheat-weaving workshop making St. Brigid's crosses! Some say that the eye of god is at the center of the St. Brigid cross. Perhaps therre can be another workshop for making the Ojo De Dios.

There will also be a workshop on using yoga and spiritual exercises to activate the Thrd Eye.

1 comment:

Joan Forest Mage said...

I was in an optometrists office and he had a painting of a woman holding a plate with eyes on it. It looked like a saint. Who is this a picture of?